Saturday, April 16, 2011

Speeding and God's Love

Whew, what a morning! I was so very blessed, despite my frailties and short comings/weaknesses. I nearly didn’t get up to go to the Church welfare assignment to work at the welfare farm, but I did because I had wanted to do this for sometime and I had committed to it by singing up for it.

So regardless of less than 5 hrs of sleep I got up and went. But before I left I became frustrated and frazzled because I couldn’t find my other work glove and I had spent so much time looking that I couldn’t long board down to the church like I had wanted, so that frustrated me because I couldn’t do what I had wanted to do and enjoy a ride to church and save gas. But then I figured that maybe there was a good reason that I wasn’t supposed to long board so that wasn’t so bad. But then when I left for the church I was running so late I drove way to fast like 50+ down McLellan, which is posted at 30 miles per hour. Which is a felony speed (DUMB). Then I stayed fairly close to the posted speed limit on Stapely and University. Then after I pulled into the church parking lot I saw flashing lights behind me and it was a policeman, pulling me over :(. He asked for my license and registration and proof of insurance so I gave it to him. He looked at it gave it all back except my license which he took with him back to his car.

I found myself near tears and quite upset, I knew I had screwed up and that I was in the wrong. I asked the Lord to have the policeman not write me a ticket (at 1st I said if you love me, but then I corrected and said I know you love me anyways, I just don’t know how I am going to handle and deal with the consequences of a ticket, and as I think about it, now, he could have cuffed me for that speed on McLellan). So I was preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best when policeman returned and asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said probably about 50 and then he asked me why and I told him because I was late for the service project and I pointed to the group of cars and people in the lot to the left of us. He asked what the project was and I said to go work on a farm I also some where in this told him it was not a good excuse to speed like that. The policeman then for some kind reason handed me back my license and said well slow down and let me go. I agreed and thanked him. I then turned my car on and drove over to the group of cars and parked and joined everyone for the service project. I was mortified but grateful I didn’t get a ticket. I felt like the Lord loved me. You know the Lord does know what is going on and has such great tolerance for my weaknesses and mistakes and such.

I’ve thought as to why this all happened. The reply is because HE LOVES ME and wants me to know that, despite any and all shortcomings and frailties and so forth HE LOVES ME! There other things I can learn like slow don’t sweat the small stuff, so what I couldn’t find the other work glove, it wasn’t imperative and I don’t need to get my way the Lord has better plans even if at first they don’t look better. Like being pulled over didn’t look better compared to the option of long boarding but the Lord showing how much he loves me is much better than my plans. You know I don’t know what the policeman saw in me except I am so grateful that he let the LORD use him to bless me and show that the LORD is aware and very caring, to show me that God LOVES ME, regardless of my mistakes and such. He loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment