Friday, October 29, 2010

Thorns

Thorns in my side.
We all have thorns in our sides. We may not like them and they may cause great pains and or difficulties. Though at times I hate mine, ultimately I am grateful for thorns in my side, for these thorns help me turn to the Lord for His assistance. I like to think of them as "The Lord's Fail Safe System", He has for us. He gives us these thorns so that we humble ourselves and turn to Him, which draws us closer to Him and we grow further seated in the path that leads us back to Him. It's His fail safe system to ensure we make it back. Though many won't flip that switch that activates the Fail Safe System (which I think starts with prayer) because of pride and stubbornness, many more will. Sometimes it's activated out of shear desperateness and we have nowhere else to turn, or out of simple faith of knowing the Lord can help but no matter the reason for flipping the switch that fact that we do is what is important. So the effectiveness of the system is intact and one I am grateful for, regardless of the pains and struggles they cause me, because ultimately they help me back to where I want to be; with my Father in Heaven.
So I hope you take a moment and think of the Thorns in your side and take the time to be grateful for what I call "The Lord's Fail Safe System." Those thorns that if we'll flip the switch activates this System as we humble ourselves and turn to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment