Sunday, July 11, 2010

Life changes and new directions!

So after much contemplation I am changing the direction of my life. I finally feel ready to go on in school. I had been focussing on the next step of life, well the step of marriage and well I don't see that the step I am to make at this point. If it was I think more would be happening in that department i.e. I'd be dating or at least have some real prospects. So since I don't and as I said after much contemplation I am changing the direction or the goals of my life. Marriage is still a part of it I am just preparing myself for the probability of not getting married any time soon. And well working for 10 dollars and feeling like I am scrapping by is not preparing me for much. I have had a desire to go on in school for some time and since my BS in psychology doesn't help me much as just a BS other than I enjoy the topic, I have decided to go on and get my Masters in Recreational Therapy AKA Therapeutic Recreation!

I have thought about this for sometime. I was really turned on to the idea when I did my internship at BYU at the state hospital. There I worked with the Licensed Clinical Social Worker and the Recreational therapy team. I learned there that I had a knack for the recreational stuff and connecting with the patients in that environment whereas I didn't with the social work stuff. I had never considered it until one day after an activity with the patients the Rec Therapist said to me, you should become a rec therapist and the idea grew from there. I am excited about this new chapter and endeavor I am beginning! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment