Saturday, July 10, 2010

Quirks!

So I've noticed I have many issues of not having complete control over my home environment and I have regiments that I seem to expect others to follow (though I don't seem to let them know in a non-joking manner, in other words I seem to always make a joke out of it.) For example tonight my new apartment mate took pillows from the couch (a community property couch) to her room to use on her bed until her other pillows have been washed and it really bugged me because it was changing the "balance" of the aesthetics of the room, without my foreknowledge or consent. In fact, it didn't just bug me, it made me really uneasy and anxious. Wow, weird huh?!
As I think about it I think this is rooted in how I didn't have a lot of control of things in my home environment as a child. My dad was and still a hoarder (though my mom did a fairly good job of keeping the bulk of it out of our living spaces). That and things weren't too stable as a child. But even if it is rooted in the above reasons, I am an adult so I'll accept responsibility for my quirks and work on not allowing them to interfere with my life.


So I think I can be way too introspective of myself and/or over think things. I also don't like social settings where there is a lot of people and it is crowded. I find it overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment